I’m overly excited about the N.W.A movie, Straight Outta Compton, which comes out in August, since I’m a big fan of the group. I am a little disheartened at the marketing for the film, where they seem to forget that MC Ren and DJ Yella were an important part of the group.
Knowing how Hollywood works, I’m willing to bet that when the studio agreed to make the movie, a meeting was held with executives where they decided how many times the N word could be used in it. I picture 8 white guys in suits sitting in a conference room debating it, before finally settling on a number. If that were on film, it would be more entertaining than just about any movie I’ve ever seen.
The soundtrack has the potential to be fantastic- you can have N.W.A, Eazy-E, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, The West Coast Rap All Stars, and Snoop Dogg, all within what goes on in the movie. Sure, we’ll hear Fuck tha Police, Gangsta Gangsta, Straight Outta Compton, and Boyz in tha Hood. They might even throw in some things like 100 Miles and Runnin’, Fuck wit Dre Day, Real Muthaphuckkin G’s, Compton’s N the House, Dope Man, Panic Zone, or even Something 2 Dance 2. But there are many great songs from NWA and Eazy-E that have no chance of appearing in the movie.
Here is my list twelve you’ll have to listen to elsewhere, and an excerpt from the lyrics that illustrates why I think they have no chance of getting on the soundtrack:
- A Bitch Iz a Bitch– “Now the title bitch don’t apply to all women, But all women have a little bitch in ’em”
- Findum, Fuckum & Flee– “‘Cause if a bitch tries to diss me, while I’m full of liquor, I smack the bitch up and shoot the nigga that’s with her”
- Automobile– “Give up the pussy soon, All I want is a little womb, or get your groupie ass out my hotel room”
- I Ain’t tha 1– “You can only lay me girl, you can’t play me girl, For the simple fact that, I ain’t the one”
- I’d Rather Fuck You– “I’d rather fuck with you all goddamn night ‘Cause your pussy’s good, Now I’m fuckin’ all your friends ‘Cause you ran your mouth like I knew you would”
- One Less Bitch– “In reality, a fool is one who believes that all women are ladies. A nigga is one who believes that all ladies are bitches, And all bitches are created equal. To me, all bitches are the same- Money-hungry, scandalous groupie hoes that’s always ridin’ on a nigga’s dick, always in a nigga’s pocket. And when the nigga runs out of money the bitch is gone in the wind. To me, ALL BITCHES AIN’T SHIT!”
- Just Don’t Bite It– “You know a bitch like that makes me sick, But I’ve heard that she sucks a good dick”
- She Swallowed It– “I wanted to see the face, I felt the order. Peep over the seat – OH SHIT! it’s the preacher’s daughter! And she’s only 14 and a ho’, but the bitch sucks dick like a specialized pro”
- Niggaz 4 Life– “Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, please. I’m treated like a fuckin disease. You say – why do I call myself a nigga so quick? Cause I can reach in my drawers and pull out a bigger dick”
- Nobody Move– “I said Damn, then the air got thinner, only thought in my mind, was goin’ up in her. The suspense was makin’ me sick. Took her panties down and the bitch had a dick!”
- Gimmie That Nutt– “It’s like that and it’s like this, I took her to the pad and we started to kiss. Now my dick’s on hard ya know what I’m thinkin’, took her panties off and her pussy was stinkin'”
- Fat Girl– “I turned around, here she came, stride for stride, funky fat like that, bout two thirty-five. Stampede was rushin, I double looked, and she had more chins than a chinese phonebook”
Yes, I probably listen to far too much N.W.A.